Flanked by huge sculptures of Family and Victory, this imposing memorial was dedicated in 1951 to honor over 11,000 Brooklynites who died serving in WWII. Inside is a large auditorium, and a Wall of Honor with their names inscribed. Sadly, the full plan, which included a community center and educational center, was never realized. The memorial has been closed to the public for 25 years due to lack of funding, and the site is used as storage by the Parks Department. That may change, however, as funding was awarded for repairs in 2015.