St. Monica’s is a former Roman Catholic Church located in Jamaica, Queens. Built in the 1856, the Romanesque revival style building was constructed by a master mason and is one of the only surviving examples of early Romanesque architecture. Over the years, the building has been the victim of severe neglect and vandalism. Although tagged for demolition in the 1970s, the building was saved and eventually added to both the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commision and National Register of Historic Places in 1980. In 2003, the building was repurposed as a child care center as part of York College.