This grand colonial structure is Manhattan’s oldest surviving house. It was built by a British soldier in 1765. The house was used as a temporary bunker for President George Washington in 1776. After having various wealthy and influential tenants over the years, the house was converted to a museum in 1903. It’s doors are currently open six days a week for guided tours.